Are you hungry for the Word of God? Do you want to be challenged to love harder, engage deeper, and serve more? The Youth Servant Leader Program (YSL) prepares high school-age youth to be servant leaders at camp, at church, and in their communities.
YSLs spend a week of leadership training gaining skills and digging deeper into Scripture. Following leadership training, YSLs are eligible for a week or more of service at Camp Omega. During their service week, YSLs are given countless opportunities to serve by:
- Giving morning or evening devotions
- Washing dishes
- Connecting with campers through cabin activities
- Leading games and songs
- And so much more!
“Being a YSL mattered to me because I was able to play a role in His mission just by hanging out with kids and teaching them about Jesus. It’s rewarding to help Camp Omega function and be a beautiful place for all people to come grow in Christ. Also, the spaghetti is amazing.”– Patrick Schultz
An application process and training week are required prior to time of service.
Deadline to apply is April 30.
The application process to be a YSL is built into the registration for Leadership Training Camp. Simply select, “yes” on the question, “Would you like to serve as a YSL?” and the registration process will direct you to the application.
If you do not have time to complete the application at the time of registering for summer camp a link to the form is as follows. This form can also be printed and mailed to camp if preferred.
Notes for applying in 2022:
- Applications are open January 1st
- Apply by April 30th
- Camp Omega is moving to a new administration software. One family member will be the administer of the account for the entire family in this new software. To register for Leadership Training Camp and fill out the YSL application, the administering family member will need to log into the registration process. Make sure when you go to apply you have the log in information of whoever administers your account.
- References are listed in the application form. When you list their email address there is an automated reference email sent to the reference. If you need links to the shareable refrence forms they are listed below.
After your full application has been received by Camp Omega, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail.